I love mayonnaise, I’d say that about a year ago I was having it with every other meal. Here’s an easy to make recipe for a low calorie fresh slaw minus the mayo. It’s dead easy to make, full of fresh vegetables and nutrients and is perfect on a summer’s day.
1/4 Red Cabbage
- Wash the carrots and beetroots and peel if you wish.
- Grate them up and pile them up in a large salad bowl.
- Thinly slice the red cabbage up and pop into the salad bowl also.
- Spoon in a couple of large tablespoons of natural yogurt and mix altogether.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
It will keep for a day or two so long as you keep it in the fridge. Tastes delicious with pulled pork and new potatoes. If you want to give it a bit more crunch you could add some cashew nuts or some finely chopped celery.
I like to leave the skin on my carrots, just to get some rich goodness and add some texture. Especially when they are home grown it seems like such a waste. The beetroot adds a real vivid purple colouring and looks great on the plate.